Winter Storm Prep for Businesses
New Jersey is getting a significant storm that can batter us with wind, rain, snow, and flooding.
If you own a business that is in a high-risk area for flooding, these tips can help you minimize the damage you may be unfortunate enough to endure
1. Store important documents and valuables in a location that will be dry and secure.
2. Check your gutters and spouts to ensure they won’t be clogged.
3. Make sure to have a working sump pump.
4. If possible, move any electronics or other costly items to a higher floor or at least try to raise them several feet off the floor to minimize any flood damage.
1. Turn off electricity in any affected areas. Even if there’s a power outage, the power may be suddenly restored without notice and could cause a shock hazard.
2. Be cautious of any structural compromises or falling debris ff you choose to enter a damaged building.
3. Keep out of the floodwater as much as possible to reduce the risk of slip-and-fall hazards and bacterial contamination.
4. Be sure to wear protective clothing – including slip-resistant shoes, gloves, eye protection, and a mask – in order to minimize potential risks.
When flooding occurs, the quicker you can start your cleaning and restoration efforts, the better your chances of minimizing long-term damage and costs.
Here at SERVPRO of Jersey City North/The Heights, our expert technicians are available 24/7 to respond to any flooding emergency big or small. We have the advanced training, skills, and equipment necessary to clean and restore your business to its pre-flood condition as quickly as possible.